LDM delivers real-time item-level inventory tracking. Leveraging the benefits of active and passive Radio Frequency Identification (RFID). Our service accurately tracks individual merchandise items as they move from the factory, through the supply chain, to the retail floor. When a tagged item is sold, the tag can be re-used to track another item.
Item-level tracking across the whole supply chain allows the manufacturers, distributors and retailers complete visibility of the lifecycle of an item.
How It Works
An active RFID tag essentially broadcasts information to an RFID reader. The tags broadcast information using radio waves and do not need line-of-sight to communicate with the reader.
In addition, RFID readers can read multiple RFID tags simultaneously, as opposed to barcodes which need line-of-sight and can only be read one at a time.
The service provides real-time item level tracking in the supply chain.
It provides the following features:
- Continuous Physical Inventory
- Automated Receiving
- Real-Time Inventory Reporting
- User-Defined Zones
- Automatic Alerts (Low Stock, Out-of-Stock, Zone Changes)
LDM also provides retailers with an additional level of loss prevention.
The service not only detects the presence of a tagged item; it can also detect the absence of a tag. User alerts can be set up to automatically send an email or text-message if a tag is no longer transmitting.
In addition, our RFID tags act as Electronic Article Surveillance (EAS) tags, triggering EAS gates in-store.
The benefits of our service to the retailer include:
- Significantly increased labour efficiency by virtually eliminating cycle counts and helping staff quickly locate items within the store
- Immediately identifying out-of–stocks and enabling faster replenishment
- Efficiently managing time-sensitive inventory with real-time alerts.
- Enhancing loss prevention programs.
- Enhancing the customer’s shopping experience